Spaghetti al Tonno
Cook: 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- A small pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoons baby capers, rinsed and patted dry
- 100ml white wine
- 1 x 400g g crushed tomatoes
- 1 x 185 g cans good-quality tuna in oil, drained
- 250 g spaghetti
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 parsley sprigs, chopped
- 2 large handfuls of rocket leaves
- Freshly grated parmesan, to serve
- salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
Put a large saucepan of salted water on to boil for the pasta.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, chilli and capers and cook until the garlic just starts to turn golden, about 1 minute then add the white wine and bring to the boil to reduce by 1/3.
Tip in the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down to low and cook, for 4-5 minutes then add the tuna and mix through.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons of cooking water. Add the pasta, pasta water, parsley, rocket and zest. Toss pasta through sauce and serve with parmesan.