Greek Chicken and Peas
Time: 1 hour
- 500 g frozen baby peas
- 500 g waxy new potatoes (such as kipfler, Dutch cream or desiree), peeled and cut in half
- 2 tomatoes, cut in quarters
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 250ml chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 6 chicken thighs, skin on and bone in
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Place the peas, potato, tomato, lemon juice, oregano, stock and 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil in a 3-litre baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Mix to ensure the peas and potato are scattered evenly. Bake for 25 minutes.
Drizzle the remaining oil over the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Remove the tray from the oven and toss vegetables again then arrange the chicken, skin-side up, on top. Bake for a further 20-25 minutes to begin to from a lovely crust on the chicken.
Give the dish a quick shake and cook for a further 15-20 minutes until the chicken is crispy and blistered on top and the peas and potato are soft, sticky and caramelised.